Monday, October 4, 2010

an attitude of gratitude

I slept on the bathroom floor again last night. It's getting old. I don't like it. Not one bit. So I broke down and picked up the prescription for a new anti-anxiety medication. Actually it's an anti-depressant. But apparently they use the same drugs to treat two very different problems. Weird. But if it works, I don't really care. I am just sick and tired of being sick all the time.

Complain, complain, complain.....I get annoyed with myself when my pity party gets too big. I really have no complaints. Not really. Oh except for being sick all the time. Did I mention that already??

So I am resolved to take President Monson's advice and have "an attitude of gratitude". I will start now.

I am grateful for:
A husband that loves me even when I am sick
Children that love me and forgive me for my imperfections
Kisses and hugs (especially from those adorable children)
A beautiful home
Amazing friends
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, His ministry, His atonement, His love
Service...clarity and perspective returns when I am serving others
A comfortable bed
And SO much more...