Sunday, December 26, 2010

growing up

Last week, I was sick with the flu.  Bleck.  At the end of a long day, I knew I had to get the kids ready for bed and tuck them in.  As I was about to put Eliza to bed, Corbin said, "Mom I'll put Eliza to bed for you."  So I decided to take him up on it.  But I was so curious as to how this interaction would play out, that I stayed in the living room so I could listen.  He took her into her room and read her a book.  Then I heard him say, "Eliza you need to say your prayers."  So she did.  Then, "Ok Eliza, you can talk to your animals, but you have to do it QUIETLY."  I ran down the hall back to my room before he came out so that he wouldn't think I was watching them.

Corbin came in and said he put her to bed.  I told him that he needed to go to bed.  A few minutes later, I heard a lot of commotion going on in the living room.  I went out to check on him (because he was suppose to be going to bed).  He was CLEANING UP.  Innocently, I asked, "Hey bud, whatcha doing?"  He replied, "I'm cleaning up because you're sick and it's a mess in here."  My heart melted, and tears came into my eyes.

My little boy is growing up.   He's thinking of others before himself.  I am a proud mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment