Sunday, August 1, 2010

great day

Today was a great day.


We sat with Liz and Corbin and showed them our wedding album. We talked about how they weren't there because they were still in Heaven. Yes, Brooklyn and Kenzie (cousins - whose mom was in our pictures) were there with you too. It was great to show them everyone 12 years ago. Yes, mom and dad were a little thinner then. No it's not icky that mom and dad are kissing.

Next scriptures, family prayer and bedtime routine. After the big kids woke up their sleeping brother with their loud stomps, talking and slamming of bathroom drawers we had a physical exercise of how to be quiet. "Corbin, show me how to close the drawer quitely." "Lizzy, show me how to walk quietly down the hall"...etc, etc. They thought it was funny.

Later Q and I were laying close in bed. Q asks if I will still love him when he is completely broken. Of course, I say. Will you still love me when I wear grandma shoes at age 35 because my bunions hurt so bad and have a hunchback from my lazy shoulder. He replies, "I get turned on just thinking about it." Ha Ha. But seriously, I will, and he will and that is true love.

But I guess we were lying a little too close because I started pointing out his long eyebrow hairs and he said, 'will you still love me with bushy eyebrows and ear hair?" I love bushy eyebrows and earhair. "Oh yes," he says, "because you see ear hair and think 'that is hot' ". Much laughter follows. And then one more, "I'm sorry I'm not who you thought you married." What do you mean? "I don't look the same as the wedding pictures." And then we laugh some more. Because neither of us look like we did in our wedding pictures. But in reality I don't notice the ear hair, I love the gray hair and all I see is the man I fell in love with. And I love him more now than I did that day in those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment