Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a clean home is a happy home

Last night I had a much needed girls night. Alicia had the gals over to watch chick flick. One that the husbands don't want to watch. It was lovely. Ladies watching romance, without worrying wether the men are bored.

I left Q with a messy house, kids to get ready for bed and dinner to clean up. Poor guy. When I got home, The great room was immaculate! Floor vaccuumed, toys picked up, kitchen clean, kids in bed. It was heavenly. Thank you Quinn.

At first I thought he had done it for me. But then I got to thinking about the fact that Q's boss was picking him up for work early in the morning, and he probably didn't want to be embarrassed by the state of the house. Of course I immediately felt a sense of guilt, that I had left such a mess and Q had to clean it by himself after a full day of work. Damn guilt. It ruins everything.

And then this morning, I got to relive the loveliness of a clean house again. Oh, how I love to wake up to a clean house.

I'm not sure how I got such a fabulous husband. But, I'll take him.