Tuesday, November 9, 2010

quiet moments

What do you think about in your quiet moments?

In my quiet moments when Quinn is gone and the kids are in bed and the TV is off, I think of the same thing, over and over.  Like a broken record.  I try and think about other things, but it always comes back to the same thoughts.  I keep repeating in my head the thoughts of struggles past, my previous life, my childhood.  I can't shake the spiteful words from people I love aimed directly to hurt other people I love.  Shot at one another as if  words could piece their hearts.  And they can, and they did.  Only it's as if their sights we mis-aligned and hit me.  I'm not sure that they ever made it to their true targets, but hitting innocent by-standers on the way.  As if shooting a bear would give you venison.

If I am ever to heal these wounds, forgiveness has to come into my heart.  Only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can true healing occur.  I know this.  I understand this principle.  I have taught it to others.  Somehow I must learn to apply it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment