Sunday, August 8, 2010

12 years

Q and I had our 12 year wedding anniversary on Friday. 12 years. Wow. It doesn't seem like that long, yet when I think about all that has happened since we've been married, I am amazed. Lived in 3 states, 4 years of college, 3 beautiful kids, owned 2 houses, etc, etc.

I really could not imagine myself married to anyone else. I have often thought about what it would be like to be married to one of my old boyfriends. All I can say is that when I do think about it, I get a little shiver and thank God for my husband. He is amazing. The funny thing is that I never grow tired of him. I always want to be with him and always want to have him around.

We never make a big deal of our anniversary. But the kids spent the night at Granna and Grandpa Mac's house and we went to dinner and then came home. No presents, not this year, our pocketbook doesn't support them. But I don't need anything, I have everything I need; love. Cheesy I know, but true.

Happy birthday Quinn. I love you.