Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lizzy LuLu

Have I told you about Eliza? My Lizzy LuLu?


Four year old Eliza is beautiful. She only likes "pretty" things. I am occasionally asked why I wear pants, because they are not pretty. Pink, piNK PInk, PiNk, don't forget PINK! Girls are the only creatures that deserve her time. (Unless it's Grandpa. She loves Grandpa, and Sol, and Corbin and Dad. Although she tries to hide her affections from Quinn, but inside she's loving him. She talks about him a lot when he's gone. "Mom, where's dad?" Even though she really does know where he is.) Liz loves animals. Most of her toys that she loves are stuffed animals. She plays with them, talks to them, sleeps with them.

Lizzy is an artist. I am amazed at how well she can express herself through art. She can sit down at the table and color for hours. Quinn talks about how he can't wait to see how her talents develops as she gets older.

She is very shy. Painfully shy around adults. It takes her a very long time to warm up to adults, even those she sees frequently. She is very perceptive. She notices things that I don't realize she is aware of, until she talks about it.

"Mom, what's that smell like?" This is a common phrase, repeated many times each day. Liz has the most sensitive smelling mechanism I have ever encountered. "When will my nose stop smelling?" I feel bad when I have to tell her; Never. I fear for her when someday she is pregnant.

Eliza is my "special girl" and I am her "special girl too" and instead of hugs, she gives "love" because "love is longer".